Skip to Main Site Navigation
- What fully open access journals are available to publish in?
View the full list of Wiley Open Access journals here.
- Which Wiley journals offer a 'hybrid' open access option?
Journals offering OnlineOpen can be found here.
- How do I submit my manuscript to a Wiley Open Access journal?
Papers can be submitted directly to the journals through ScholarOne Manuscripts. To submit a manuscript, either:
Go to Browse Journals, select the journal you wish to submit to, and click on the 'submit a manuscript' button to begin the process.
From any page on this Wiley Open Access website, select the journal you wish to submit to from the drop-down list below the 'submit a manuscript' button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Papers may also be referred by editors of other Wiley journals that are supporters of Wiley Open Access journals. View the participating journals here.
- What types of articles will the journal accept?
Full details of articles accepted and submission conditions are available for all Wiley journals. Author guidelines by journal are available from the Browse Journals section of this website.
- Where can I get help with English-language editing?
If you are not a native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you have your manuscript professionally edited before submission. A list of companies that will edit your manuscript for a fee can be found here.
Professional editing is not compulsory, but it does mean that reviewers are better able to read and assess your manuscript.
- What electronic file types can I use to submit my article?
For information on article submission please refer to the guidelines for your specific journal using the drop-down box in the right-hand section of the site or a previous copy of the journal. There are also general guidelines on file types available at Contributing to Wiley Journals.
- What is the open access copyright and license policy?
View the policy here.
- What are the article publication charges for publishing in Wiley Open Access journals?
A summary of the article publication charges can be found here or for any journal from the Browse Journals page of this website.
- Does Wiley Open Access offer discounts on article publication charges?
A summary of the discounts that are available can be found here.
- Does Wiley Open Access offer waivers or discounts on article publication charges?
Automatic Article Publication Charge waivers and discounts will be given to authors from countries on the Waivers and Discounts List. Authors should submit a waiver or discount request during the submission of their article.
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
Authors resident in any of the countries of the European Union have to add Value-Added Tax (VAT, currently 20%). Institutions paying the fee on behalf of the author can in most cases have the VAT refunded, or, by providing their VAT registration number*, avoid paying VAT altogether. (*except UK).
GST and HST will be applied on digital publishing services supplied to Canadian customers at the applicable rate depending on the province.
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
The corresponding author is responsible for making payment of the article publication charge or for providing details of the funding organization or institution that will be making payment on their behalf.
- How do I pay for my article publication charge?
Payment of the article publication charge can be made by credit card, check or bank transfer. Details are included in the invoice you will receive.
If your manuscript's article publication charge is being paid by a funding organization or institution then payment will be made by the appropriate funding body directly with Wiley Open Access.
More information on Article Publication Charges can be found here.
- Can an institution/organization/group pay to make all its published content open access?
Absolutely. Details of the institutional and funder accounts that we offer can be found here, along with contact details.
- How long will it take for my article to be included in PubMed and to be available in PubMed Central?
Wiley Open Access journals will deposit all appropriate articles into PubMed Central upon publication of an online issue, on a monthly basis. Once your article is deposited in PubMed Central, they will make it searchable on PubMed as soon as possible.
- I have a question not answered here. Who can I ask?