An increasing number of societies and journals are taking advantage of the Wiley Open Access program. Here are two ways to get involved with open access at Wiley.
1. Support a Wiley Open Access Journal
A number of society journals support our open access journals through the Manuscript Transfer Program.
The Manuscript Transfer Program
As well as accepting direct submissions, a number of Wiley Open Access journals also operate a Manuscript Transfer Program, in which the journal is supported by other journals, including society-owned titles. The supporter journals refer articles not accepted after peer review and offer authors the option to submit to a Wiley Open Access journal. Authors benefit both from the speed and efficiency of the referral process and by not having to re-enter the peer review process from the beginning.
How it works
1. After peer review in supporting journals, rejected articles of good quality can be identified by the supporting journal as candidates for a Wiley Open Access journal.
2. The authors are offered the option to accept referral of their article to the Editors of the appropriate Wiley Open Access journal, where further editorial evaluation takes place. Importantly, authors do not need to make any changes to their manuscript at this stage.
3. Reviews from the supporter journal are recycled, so the acceptance process is significantly speeded up for referred authors.
Lists of the journals that support Wiley Open Access Journals by participating in the Manuscript Transfer Program, which allows rapid transfer and publication of suitable, referred papers, are available below:
- Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology
- Brain and Behavior
- Clinical Case Reports
- Depositional Record
- Ecology and Evolution
- ESC Heart Failure
- Cancer Medicine
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Geo: Geography and Environment
- Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine
- Nursing Open
- Immunity, Inflammation and Disease
- Veterinary Medicine and Science
- Obesity Science & Practice
If your society journal is interested in supporting any of the Wiley Open Access journals which operate a Manuscript Transfer Program review the list of benefits for more information.
2. Publish your Open Access Journal with Wiley
Wiley is the world’s largest society publisher publishing over 1500 journals, well over half of which are published in partnership with prestigious scholarly and professional societies and other non-profit organizations. Wiley Open Access brings together our society publishing expertise and our specialist knowledge of delivering high-quality open access publications.
If you would like to discuss open access publishing opportunities with Wiley, please use the Contact Us form on this site.